Nice spots around St Malo which are worth visiting:
- Cancale and its world famous oysters. A seafarer small town. Visit La Ferme Marine (the oyster farm and museum)
- Mont Saint-Michel. A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Dinan, a medieval town with its lovely harbour, its narrow streets and half-timbered houses
- Combourg and its castle where François-René de Chateaubriand, a famous writer, used to live.
- Dol de Bretagne, its old streets and its famous cathedral
- Dinard, a seaside resort with 700 villas of the 1900's and a British soul
- St Suliac, a fishermen village classified among France's most beautiful 100 villages
- The Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey being the main ones): 75 minutes from Saint-Malo by speed ferry.